The Executive Assistant/Office Manager will be responsible for the administrative and organizational management of the Village Trust office. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, will be exceedingly well organized and flexible, and will enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs. The individual must be able to function effectively in a variety of roles within a dynamic environment under minimum supervision.
Assist the Director with her daily schedule and duties, to include managing her calendar, commitments, and travel arrangements (planning itineraries, developing agendas and meeting materials, reporting expenses, etc.). Provide general administrative support to the Village Trust Financial team to include.
- Data entry; including member pledges, managing website member database, running weekly reports, etc;
- Receiving and interacting with visitors;
- Answering and managing incoming calls;
- Maintaining paper and online records and defining procedures for their retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposal;
- Arranging meetings and conference calls (including coordinating all meeting logistics, developing agendas and meeting materials, etc.);
- Drafting correspondence and presentations;
- Recording, transcribing, and distributing notes/minutes of meetings;
- Managing travel arrangements including conference registration, flight and lodging.
- Assist with on and off site events and event planning
- Providing other daily support to staff as needed.
Perform general office/facilities management duties to include:
- Managing the inventory of office supplies, ordering additional supplies as needed and ensuring that costs are appropriately managed;
- Planning space allocations, layouts, and floor moves as required; arranging for and supervising building maintenance; and
- Maintaining office facilities and equipment by assisting with procurement and routine maintenance and upkeep.
Assist with various payroll and human resources functions to include: Entering new employees into the payroll system;
- Maintaining required and voluntary payroll deductions in the payroll system;
- Perform initial processing of bi-weekly payroll, including timesheet review;
- Running supplemental payroll reports as needed;
- Posting position openings to job sites and managing flow of incoming candidate applications;
- Ordering background checks on potential new hires;
- Assisting new employees with their orientation to the organization, benefits enrollment, and tax forms; and
- Maintaining human resources files in accordance with laws, regulations, and established standards.
Perform accounts payable processing and other basic accounting functions to include:
- Reconciling invoices and filling out payments request with proper coding;
- Assist with entering and processing approved payments;
- Developing and maintaining files; and
- Developing and maintaining various financial databases and reports.
Skills and Experience
4+ years of solid administrative experience in an office setting; Prior experience with international development and/or non-profit organizations, and/or working in a start-up business environment (preferred);
- Excellent verbal and written communications, networking, and presentation skills Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and
The successful candidate will be:
- Committed to, and enthusiastic about, the mission and vision of Village Trust;
- A strategic thinker who is adept at multi-tasking in fast paced environment, able to plan, prioritize, and organize individual and group activities and processes;
- Outgoing, straightforward, and creative;
- Able to work independently and take initiative;
- Results oriented;
- An adaptable, flexible problem-solver;
- Team-focused, enjoy working as part of an active group of highly engaged individuals, sharing information readily with co-workers, and listening to and respecting others; able and willing to assist co-workers in the development of their own professional skills in order to ensure the team’s success; and
- A person who presents a high degree of maturity, honesty, trust, sophistication, and integrity and cultivates these qualities in others.
The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious and have the openness and flexibility to wear many hats in order to get the job done efficiently and effectively. One needs to demonstrate and possess a genuine interest in not only learning and owning their role, but also must have the desire to excel in it. As you grow into the position, you will have the ability to take on various event planning and marketing responsibilities including: newsletters, events, outreach, blogs, websites, etc. The is an excellent opportunity for someone that has a hunger to learn, and desires to progress forward continuously.
Aside from the beautiful office space, location, benefits, and start-up style culture, one of the greatest aspects of the position is the trust afforded to you by the Village Trust community. New team members are given the opportunity, flexibility, and complete freedom to prove themselves. If you’re searching for a position that will not only provide structure but also stability, the position will be perfect for you!
- Punctual, detail-oriented, organized, creative, and possesses a great can-do attitude
- 4+ years of administrative support experience OR recent grad from a 4-year accredited University preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite)
- A positive and professional attitude, regardless of the task at hand
- The capacity to independently see a project through from start to finish
- The ability to reprioritize at a moments notice and to assume additional responsibilities based on the firm’s ever-changing needs
- The inclination to build relationships across groups and levels, seeking a wide range of suggestions and then implementing them
Send Cover Letter and Resume to:
Melea@abepmn.org with the Subject: Office Manager Executive Assistant
Qualified Black Northside Residents are Encouraged to Apply